I don’t want you to wait so long for our barbecue recipe, let’s get to the work now. You will only need to prepare these ingredients below:
Estimated cooking time excluding preparation: 30-45 mins.
Chicken Barbeque Ingredients:
· 1 kilo chicken (whole or cut in pieces)
· 1 cup soy sauce
· 1 head garlic, minced
· 1 onion, finely chopped
· 3 tablespoons of calamansi juice or lemon juice
· 1/2 cup of sprite, 7up or beer
· 2 cups of tanglad (lemon grass) for whole chicken
· 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
· 3 tablespoons of brown or white sugar
Preparation & Cooking Instructions:
1. Marinate the chicken in soy sauce, calamansi juice (or lemon juice), minced garlic, chopped onions, soda or beer, sugar and pepper.
2. Marinate in the refrigerator for 1 to 3 hours.
3. Stuff the chicken cavity with tanglad (lemon grass) if to be grilled whole.
4. Cook chicken on grill or in oven until golden brown
How to Cook:
1. To barbeque chickens that are cut into pieces, follow the same procedure above but leave out stuffing the leg with lemon grass. Thread the chicken pieces on barbeque skewers and grill on live charcoal until cooked.
2. To check if the meat is cooked, slice a small piece of meat off and if there are no juice running off the meat and there no reddish (blood) areas on the inside of the meat, the chicken is cooked.
3. Enjoy this delicious chicken recipe with family and friends!