Ad Code

Paksiw na Isda sa Suka Recipe


I used to eat paksiw na isda when I was living in the province during high school days because our place is just a kilometer away from the ocean. Most of the local people’s jobs in our town are fishermen so almost every hour there are fresh fish that we can buy. The last time I visited our town, I actually asked my brother (locally living there) to buy me some fish for cooking paksiw and I really enjoyed the dish. Now, enough for the story… let us go to our menu, there are actually plenty of fish selections we can use in this recipe but my suggestion is to use those tiny ones as they are tastier for the recipe. Please find below the ingredients for Paksiw na Isda sa Suka.


Estimated preparation and cooking time: 25 minutes


Paksiw na Isda sa Suka Ingredients:
· 1/2 Kilo Fish (Hasa-hasa) cleaned

· 1/2 bulb of garlic, peeled and minced

· 1 medium size onions, minced

· 1 medium size tomato, sliced in 4 parts

· 3 large chili / siling berde (optional)

· 1 thumb-sized ginger, pounded then sliced

· 2 Tablespoons vinegar (Sukang paumbong or any vinegar you like)

· 3 Tablespoons water

· Salt and pepper to taste


Cooking Instructions:
1. In a cooking pot, combine the major ingredients, first the fish, and the rest of the ingredients except the water and the chilis.

2. Keep the pot in a low fire for 10 minutes until the vinegar is soaked by the fish.

3. Add the water and the chili and cook for another 3 minutes in medium heat.

4. Add salt if necessary and serve with steamed rice.

Post a Comment

0 Comments

ShareThis

Close Menu