Good morning kabayan, I know how its hard to plan for the food everyday, because of the hectic schedules at work and rapid increase of the prices of commodities we want sometimes to cook a recipe that will have veges, soup, and meat at the same time. So today, in your plan for a lunch recipe, better try to prepare Tinolang Manok.
This recipe is very delicious and easy to prepare. If you want healthier recipe for this kind, you can opt to remove the skin of the chicken and remove some fats on the meat. Of course it will decrease the original taste of the chicken but for senior citizens I think this is advisable. So let us get started. Please find the ingredients below for Tinolang Manok.
Tinolang Manok Recipe
Estimated cooking time: 45 minutes
Tinolang Manok Ingredients:
· 1 kilo whole chicken, cut into pieces.
· 1 small young papaya or sayote, cut into small pieces.
· 2 tablespoons ginger, crushed and slliced into strips
· 1/2 cup dahon ng sili (chili leaves) or mallunggay leaves
· 1 liter of water
· 5 garlic cloves, minced
· 1 red onion, diced
· 4 tablespoons oil
· 2 tablespoons patis (fish sauce)
1. In a stock pot, heat oil and sauté garlic, onion and ginger.
2. Add water and the chicken.
3. Bring to a boil and simmer for about 20 minutes or until chicken is almost done.
4. Season with patis
5. Add papaya and continue to simmer for an additional 5 minutes or until papaya softens but not overcooked.
6. Add sili leaves then turn off the heat.
7. Serve steaming hot on a bowl with plain rice on the side.