Takam na takam na ba kayo sa Pork Barbecue, well let us first discuss what is this food all about, this is made from Pork marinated in sweet barbecue sauce, threaded into bamboo skewers, and grilled over hot coals.
Whenever there’s a reason to celebrate, even in the middle of the hottest summer or the wettest monsoon, Pinoys really loved to have this kind of food served as this is one of the favorites of many visitors. So let's get started, list all the ingredients provided below.
Pork Barbecue Ingredients:
- 2 lbs pork, sliced
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- Lemon juice from 1 piece lemon
- 1/2 cup banana ketchup
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 8 cloves garlic, crushed and chopped
Pork Barbecue Cooking Procedure:
- Combine pork, soy sauce, lemon juice, ketchup, salt, ground black pepper, brown sugar, and chopped garlic in a mixing bowl then mix the ingredients well. Make sure that all ingredients are properly distributed; using your hands in mixing the ingredients is recommended.
- Marinate the pork in the mixture overnight. Make sure to refrigerate the marinade to avoid contamination. If in case you are so eager to grill right away, allow at least 3 hours for the meat to absorb the flavors.
- Skewer the sliced pork using a bamboo skewer (this is also the same as the barbeque stick that we know).
- Grill the pork until both sides are done. Use the leftover marinade as basting sauce. Try adding a few tablespoons of soy sauce, ketchup, and a tablespoon of cooking oil to create the perfect basting sauce.
- Serve with spicy vinegar. Share and enjoy!