Ad Code

What is a Kawali: A Pinoy's Must Have In The Kitchen

My fellow kabayans, it has been a long time since I last posted a blog. It was 2018, and we are now almost in mid-2022 (4 years of break). But this is one of my true hobbies, and I want to continue providing important information that I believe will benefit others not only Filipinos.

As our family grows, the time has come for me to be more involved with my children and family. I've returned to this site and am considering beginning my blogging career so far. I always follow culinary recipes and other vital stuff, especially for Filipinos, for the sake of doing it here on this pinoy inspired website.

Maybe the meals we've grown up with, have a lot of twists nowadays, especially vegetarian foods. Many Filipinos like vegetarian foods already, particularly those who are trying to lose weight or avoiding fatty and sweet foods.

But of course, the adobo, sinigang, menudo, mechado, relyeno, sisig, pakbet, diningding, bicol express, halo-halo, leche flan, bibingka, are fave foods and will not disappear from our dining table. I want to add more of pinoy must have here on our website. So for now, what I want to share with you is what kawali is all about and its importance in the lives of Filipinos. 


What exactly is a Kawali? 

The kawali is one of the most commonly used cooking utensils by Filipinos. Even if the Filipino is living in another country, kawali can be found in their kitchen. Kawali has many uses and can cook quickly, especially with them. 

Fry Fish or Other Meat

It's good to use the kawali if you fry because it saves oil. The oil will accumulate in the middle of the pot, so just a little oil will make the fish or meat deep fried. 

Frying a Sunny Side-Up Egg 

The kawali is also good for cooking sunny-side-up eggs because the egg will be cooked round as everyone likes, and you can splash a little oil on the egg to cook the egg quickly. Unlike a flat pan, the egg will just spread when you fry into it.

Cooking Sinangag or Fried Rice

This kawali pot is also good to use when cooking fried rice, where it's easy to mix the rice, egg, some green vegies like onion leaves. Having a kawali in your kitchen is always a plus.

I know there are more use of kawali in our kusina. I hope you can add some more details in using the kawali. How about cooking Lechon Kawali? Please leave your comments and suggestions below. Share this post so others can also respond. Thank you for reading our blog.

Oh, if you love something about dogs please also follow our fellow fil who has his own blog about dogs: petchess.com

Post a Comment

0 Comments

ShareThis

Close Menu